Geographical Information System Analyst
MCKINLEYVILLE COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
Geographical Information System Analyst (full-time)
McKinleyville Community Services District (MCSD) is currently recruiting a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining our Team. MCSD is a special district that is tasked with serving the community of McKinleyville safe drinking water, collection and treatment of wastewater, street light maintenance, and parks and open space facilities. MCSD prides itself in a positive and safe work environment, where crew members are cross trained in a variety of skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
Description of Role: Performs technical Geographic Information System (GIS) work, providing support in the day-to-day operation of the water, sewer, parks, streetlights and open space facilities. Assist with writing Plans and Procedures.
Hours: This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Salary: $25.96 - $33.13 per hour plus District benefits including, District paid Health and Dental Insurance, CalPERS retirement, paid sick and vacation leave, etc.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Cartography, GIS or closely related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience utilizing ArcGIS software.
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret maps, construction plans, as-builts, AutoCad information and aerial imagery pertaining to water, sewer, streetlights and open spaces.
• Ability to Create, organize, update and maintain regulatory plans and programs (e.g.OSHA, EPA, Waterboard,) and procedures.
• Ability to produce detailed cartographically correct maps, reports and graphics.
• Ability to conduct field data collection utilizing GPS equipment.
• Must be proficient in ArcGIS software including ArcGIS Online.
• Ability to operate a computer utilizing a variety of specialized and standard software.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Suite software.
• Experience with Supervisory Control And Acquisition (SCADA) Software, not required but a plus.
• Ability to obtain HAZWOPER training within one year of employment
• First aid/CPR certification (within six months of employment)
• Driving record which meets MCSD insurance requirements
• Ability to clear current fingerprint identification and negative criminal history results from the Department of Justice.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
How to Apply: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of original District Application Form. Required application materials are as follows:
• District Application form filled out in your own handwriting.
• A cover letter outlining competencies and stating reasons for interest in the position.
• A resume indicating educational background, professional experience, and professional achievement.
Please see attached job description for additional information.GIS Analyst Job Description 2022.pdf
Applications are available at the Administrative office or via link above
Please submit application materials to:
McKinleyville Community Services District Administrative Office:
1656 Sutter Road
McKinleyville, CA 95519
For more information, please call James Henry 707-839-3251
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled