Save Energy to Prevent Power Outages
Over the next week, California and the rest of the West Coast will face a historic heatwave that will put pressure on our energy grid. In order to avoid electrcity shortanges, states like California are asking businesses and residents to reduce energy usage in order to prevent service interruptions. It is especially important to limit energy usage from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., especially air conditioning, electric car charging, and other energy intensive technology.
Learn more at: flexalert.org.
Here are some tips to lowering your energy use:
- Pre-cool your home overnight and in the morning by turning A/C down to 72 degrees
- Keep A/C at 78 degrees or higher during peak hours, 3-10 p.m.
- Avoid use of major appliances during peak hours
- Turn off all unnecessary lights
- Sign up for alerts at flexalert.org