Join McKinleyville Parks & Recreation for our Recreational Afternoon Program (or RAP for short) in which the kiddos have the opportunity to do some of their normal after-school games and activities with a Social Distancing Twist! Each pods Staff to Child ratio will be at max 1:10 (most often 1:6) with a max of 20 children. We offer opportunities for free play both indoors and outdoors each day. Activities include arts & crafts, sports, games, drama, roller skating, and more.
Days: Monday - Friday
Times: 1:45pm - 5:45pm
Location: McKinleyville Activity Center, 1705 Gwin Road, McKinleyville
Who: Current TK - 5th Graders
Fees: Based on the number of school days each month. RAP is open on all MUSD school days.
- POD 1: Sept. 8-30 (17 days) - $306 Resident/$323 Non-resident (17 days) - FULL
- POD 2: Sept: 14-30 (13 days) - $234 Resident/$247 Non-resident (13 days)
- October: $396 Resident/$418 Non-resident (22 days)
- November: $270 Resident/$285 Non-resident (15 days)
- December: $252 Resident/$266 Non-Resident (14 days)
Due to creating stable pods per our County Public Health approved opening plan, enrollment is monthly, Monday - Friday. Payment of monthly fees due by the 1st of the month. Payment plans can be requested. Payments, in most cases, are non-refundable. Refund/Pro-rated Refunds will not be issued for missed days. RAP can be cancelled due to an illness in the program, schools reopening, or a change in State, County or Federal guidelines. Closures may happen and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Please review the RAP Parent & Child Handout for detailed information, including what to bring/leave at home, COVID-19 cleaning and disinfecting procedures, social distaning, mask and hand washing requirements, etcParent & Child Informational Handout.pdf
Register: Fill out the Liability Release & Supplemental Registration Forms
- Scan and email them to email@example.com
- Drop them in the Pay Your Utility Box at the office
- Mail them to the Parks & Rec Office, PO Box 2037, McKinleyville, CA 95519
Payment can be made by sending a check made out to MCSD, by calling the Recreation Office at 839-9003 and paying with credit card, or online at rec.mckinleyvillecsd.com2020 Youth Liability Release Form.pdfRecreational Afternoon Program Supplemental Form.pdf