Utility Maintenance Worker
MCKINLEYVILLE COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
Utility Maintenance Worker (full-time)
McKinleyville Community Services District (MCSD) is currently recruiting an individual who is interested in joining our dynamic team. MCSD is a special district that is based on serving the community and ensuring safe distribution of drinking water, collection and treatment of wastewater, street light maintenance, and parks and open space facilities. MCSD prides itself in a positive and safe work environment, where crew members are cross trained in a variety of skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
Description of Role: Assisting in the installation, construction, repair, inspection, maintenance and operation of water, sewer, parks, streetlights and open space facilities.
Hours: This is a full-time non exempt position. Schedule will include working some overtime.
Salary: $18.77 - $23.96 per hour, dependent upon experience and certifications, plus District benefits.
· Ability to operate small hand tools and equipment.
· Ability to read meters on a computer-linked handheld unit.
· Basic knowledge of maintenance and minor repair work on light equipment.
· Ability to obtain current fingerprint identification and negative criminal history results from the Department of Justice upon employment.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
· Driving record which meets MCSD insurance requirements.
· Ability to obtain First aid/CPR certification (within six months of employment).
· Current California Driver’s License and ability to upgrade to a class B within one year of employment.
How to Apply: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of original District Application Form. Required application materials are as follows:
District Application form filled out in your own handwriting.Job Application 1-2018.pdf
A cover letter outlining competencies and stating reasons for interest in the position.
A resume indicating educational background, professional experience, and professional achievement.
Please see attached job description for additional information.Utility Maintenance Worker Job Description Feb 2014.pdf
Applications are available at the Administrative office or online at www.mckinleyvillecsd.com
Please submit application materials to:
Mckinleyville Community Services District Administrative Office
1656 Sutter Road, McKinleyville CA 95519.
For more information, please call James Henry 707-839-3251
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled